Love and Desire, the main course at Top Secret 2019 Dinner. Encore partners with National Convention Centre Canberra (NCCC) and Canberra Convention Bureau (CCB) to deliver a night of art.
Event Technologies (Encore) served up an incredible holographic-like experience for some of Australia’s leading event industry professionals, at the “Love and Desire” themed Top Secret 2019 Dinner on Friday 22 March. Hosted by the National Convention Centre Canberra (NCCC), as part of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), this dinner was part of a 3-day program run by the Canberra Convention Bureau (CCB).
The program consists of a series of individualised experiences for an exclusive group of national meeting planners. Showcasing business event product and services, the program allows Canberra’s events community to demonstrate the calibre of events in our nation’s capital.
The hero of the night was Encore’s expert use of a holographic mesh screen, highlighting the venue as a premium event space and showcasing the technology available when holding an event at the NCCC in conjunction with Encore.
- Using Holographic mesh screen, Encore created animated content such as a hot air balloon that floated through the air.
- Known for their innovation, Encore really broke the mould for the Top Secret 2019 Dinner bringing Stephen Wood, General Manager of the National Convention Centre Canberra into the room through a hologram. Guests were able to watch Mr Wood standing onstage, interviewing himself as if there were actually two of him.
- The use of holographic mesh screens is usually only seen at big budget events such as Eurovision and the Grammys, or on television. However, Encore were able to demonstrate to event managers how this technology is possible at their events with the right team and the right venue.
- Mr Wood commented, “We love working with Encore, they always manage to outdo themselves with their innovation and creativity, and this event was no exception.”
The theme for the 3 day familiarisation was “Love and Desire”, based on the current exhibition on display at the National Gallery of Australia.
- On each table were large 2D Scenic Panels on custom frames, designed to look like garden lattices in the shape of hearts as a nod to pre-Raphaelite theme of the “Love and Desire” exhibition.
- Directly above the tables were 20 LED Kinetic Lights, programmed to move with the music and change colour throughout the night, creating a truly spectacular lighting display.
- Also taking inspiration from the “Love and Desire” theme was the night’s entertainment. During the event, two actors from the Shakespeare by the Lake performance rose up after being hidden as guests and began to perform some of the Bard’s most famous sonnets.
- Continuing the surprises, instead of using one main screen, Encore set up four 60in televisions across one truss structure on the main stage. They displayed the animated logos of Encore, NCCC, CCB and IHG in front of scrolling panoramic shots of Canberra spread across the 4 screens as a single widescreen image, showcasing the beauty of the city.
“This was a truly sophisticated and memorable event. The National Convention Centre Canberra and guests were delighted with the outcome, and we can’t thank Encore enough,” said Mr Wood.
National Convention Centre Canberra
Telephone: 02 6276 5200
Facebook: National Convention Centre Canberra
Linked In: National Convention Centre Canberra
About encore event technologies
Encore Event Technologies is a leading global provider of audio visual, event technology and production services at over 460 hotels, resorts and convention centers worldwide. With roots in staging and production services, Encore delivers comprehensive and innovative audio visual and staging services that cater to the unique needs of hotels, hotel-casinos and resorts across North America, including Mexico, and throughout the Asia-Pacific region, and is the premier one-stop-shop for event planning, design and staging and production services.
For more information, visit www.encore-anzpac.com
All Latest News